Saturday, September 13, 2008

Slippers International Men's Perry Eurelle Twin-Gore

Unlike most of the reviewers of this product, I am not a wife who got these slippers for her husband who immediately said they were comfy and warm. I got them for myself and I am their primary user.

The slippers are very, very comfortable. The faux fur inside is incredibly soft. Their shoe-like shape makes it so my heels don't freeze and keeps the slippers from falling off, but they don't slip on immediately. It takes a little bit of toe wiggling to get my feet all the way in without the use of my hands, which, straight out of bed in the morning, is how I prefer to put them on.

The soles are rubber, which means that they are both durable (enough so to walk on cement) and, as far as I can tell, waterproof. I wouldn't walk in puddles or in snow, but stepping on a wet driveway won't hurt them. They work perfectly for walking outside to get the mail or the paper.

They do fit a little loose, despite what an all-caps-using reviewer said. I'm a size 13 and I think that I would have been better off buying size 12s for snugness. They still fit, and I certainly won't return them, but they are a little loose. I can easily fit a few fingers behind my heel in them, and they flop a bit when walking.

My biggest problem with the slippers is that they might be too warm. They really don't breathe at all, and without paying for any sort of breathable-but-warm material technology, I suppose I shouldn't complain. But with extended wear, especially if I'm not in a freezing environment, my feet get really sweaty, at which point I'd just as soon not wear the slippers.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase and will gladly keep the slippers until they wear through, which I don't expect to be any time soon.