Friday, September 19, 2008

Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Top Black

Can you name a more classic shoe than good ol' "Chucks" (especially black ones)? . . . I didn't think so. . .

Now, initially, you may say "Look how flimsy the material is! There is no way these will last long!" Well, my friend, then you'd be wrong. I've had my pair of "Chucks" for about 3 years now and they're still ready and rarin' to go! They've survived:

1) Being drawn on numerous times with a variety of writing utensils (I found out that nail polish remover gets rid of most of the marks and stains)

2) A puppy who loves shoes (There are a few bite marks but they're still quite wearable)

3) Being worn almost every day since I bought them . . .

I recommend these shoes for anything except for (this is the reason I only gave them four stars) when running or walking very long distances (by long distances I mean miles). The shoes have a very flat bottom which means not enough support and thus, after awhile, your feet will start to ache some. If you are looking for running shoes I'd recommend Mizunos. I own two pair of those. If you are an avid runner then they don't last very long as running shoes . . . perhaps only a year or two. However, then they become good walking shoes so the price which is, unfortunately, quite expensive is well worth it.